#15. Attorney Marne Coit – Cbd Oil Oversupply Concerns And Hemp Pilot Program In Jeopardy (podcast)
Podcast Show Notes with Dr. Marne Coit
This is a great conversation to listen to for anyone in the hemp community, but especially if you are a hemp farmer or are part of the hemp industry in North Carolina.
In this episode I discuss with attorney and department of agriculture professor at NC State:
- The role of NC State on hemp market
- Dr. Coit’s perspective on the CBD Oil market glut
- The current status of the NC Hemp pilot program and the risk of losing it in favor of following USDA guidelines https://hemp.ces.ncsu.edu/2020/04/status-quo-for-hemp-licenses-what-does-this-mean/
- How farmers should think about whether to grow hemp for CBD oil this season
- Understanding and evaluating hemp contracts between farmers and processors
- What Dr. Coit would invest in if she had a million dollars
- And finally, my (possibly) silly idea that NC State could take on to fix the hemp industry marketplace trust issues
Who is Dr. Marne Coit?
Marne Coit’s research and teaching focuses on food, agricultural and hemp law. She is a member of the NC State Extension hemp team. Dr. Coit earned her Master’s degree in Environmental Law and JD from Vermont Law School, and her LLM in Food and Agricultural Law from the University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this episode are those of the guest and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the guest’s employers. The guest is not providing legal guidance.
About Spectrum Labs
At Spectrum Labs, we source local hemp and extract high-quality Full Spectrum Hemp extracts that even our families can use.
Spectrum Labs can manufacture these full-spectrum hemp extracts:
- Custom formulations
To learn more about Spectrum Labs, visit www.TheSpectrumLabs.com or contact us at (828) 229-7952
***If you enjoy the podcast, please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It takes less than a minute, and it really makes a difference in helping Apple recommend the show to new listeners. I also love reading the reviews!