#14. How A Neuroscientist Thinks About Cannabis. Combining Data And Individual Feedback – With Nick Jikomes Of Leafly (Podcast)
Episode Show Notes with Nick Jikomes
Nick Jikomes is the Director of Science & Innovation at Leafly, a company that focuses on educating its 2 million monthly visitors about cannabis strains.
In this episode we discuss:
- What the heck is a neuroscientist?
- The perception of traditional scientists and academics on the cannabis industry
- The correlation between research labs and business startups
- The Leafly Cannabis Guide. A huge move by Leafly to navigate away from the Indica vs Sativa recommendations to a more data-driven approach to show the chemical composition of each strain
- How Leafly collects and uses data to benefit the consumer
- Cannabis plant genetics, intellectual property and patenting strains
- Why Nick is excited about the future of the cannabis industry
🙏Please leave us a review
1. The listeners continue to grow, which is fantastic! Thank you for tuning in. Please leave us a review on whichever platform you listen in on.
2. If you have a burning question about cannabis or hemp, please let me know. Reach out via LinkedIn or fill out the contact form on www.TheSpectrumLabs.com
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play |YouTube
Who is Nick Jikomes
With a decade of scientific research experience, Nick works to ensure that Leafly takes a data-driven approach to product development, content and strategy. As Director of Science & Innovation, he leads efforts in research and data strategy. This includes forging partnerships with cannabis labs and licensed producers to incorporate lab data into Leafly’s massive consumer-facing platform. By combining the latest research insights and data science techniques, he is working to enhance the Leafly platform by creating exciting new product exploration and recommendation tools.
Nick believes that the right combination of research, data, and people will drive not only exciting new product innovations in the cannabis space but a global revolution in healthy living and personalized medicine. Increased understanding of plant-derived compounds will change humanity’s approach to mental health and disrupt multi-billion dollar industries.
Before joining Leafly, Nick completed ten years of formal training in biological research and science education. He completed a B.S. in genetics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2011 and a Ph.D. in neuroscience at Harvard University in 2016. Throughout his academic training, Nick was committed to outreach and education, having served a variety of roles in science education and public outreach.
About Spectrum Labs
At Spectrum Labs, we source local hemp and extract high-quality Full Spectrum Hemp extracts that even our families can use.
Spectrum Labs can manufacture these full-spectrum hemp extracts:
- Custom formulations
To learn more about Spectrum Labs, visit
www.TheSpectrumLabs.com or contact us at (828) 229-7952
cannabis, hemp, patents, research, science